Loading Please Wait

Architectural Conservancy Ontario

Facebook
Twitter

Facebook Twitter

Architectural Conservancy Ontario

The past Our present Your future

TOBuilt: SEARCH:    BACK TO LIST  |  FULL RECORD

Last Update: September 28 2017

login to edit this building

Robinson Cottages
photo credit, courtesy of Bob Krawczyk

BUILDING INFORMATION
Additional Images:
This building has no additional images.

Name & Location
Robinson Cottages
713-715 Richmond Street West
Niagara, Toronto

OTHER IDENTIFICATION
Notes:
James Lukin Robinson built 32 Garrison Common Cottages ( also known as Robinson Cottages & misidentified in city records for some time as Robertson Cottages) for the soldiers of Fort York in the 1850´s. All the Garrison Common Cottages on Adelaide St. are gone, but 7 cottages remain on Adelaide St. W, and 6 cottages are left on Mitchell Ave. These are now among the oldest residential houses tin Toronto. Now: 4 of the cottages on Richmond St. W. are listed with Toronto Heritage. A Demolition Permit has been applied for 2 of the cottages on Mitchell Ave. and 2 more are for sale and being advertised as potential for demolition & rebuild. ALL of the cottages should be listed with Toronto Heritage and protected as a valuable part of Toronto´s history.

Status:
Completed

Year Completed:
1859

MAP:

Companies:
No data at this time

BUILDING DATA
Floors:
2

Type:
Semi-detached house

Current use:
Residential

Heritage:
Heritage property

Main Style:
Workers Cottage

Sources:

Sources

  1. Inventory of Heritage Properties
    Author - City of Toronto
    More information

TOBuilt: SEARCH:    BACK TO LIST  |  FULL RECORD

© 2016 ACO Toronto info@acotoronto.ca