Loading Please Wait
Loading please wait

Loading Please Wait
Loading please wait

Architectural Conservancy Ontario

Facebook
Twitter Instagram

Facebook Twitter Instagram

Architectural Conservancy Ontario

The past. Our present. Your future.

TOBuilt: SEARCH:    BACK TO RESULTS  |  FULL RECORD  |  NEW SEARCH
Meeting Place

LAST UPDATE: May 31 2019

login to edit this building

photo credit, courtesy of Bob Krawczyk

photo credit, courtesy of Bob Krawczyk

BUILDING INFORMATION
Name & Location
Meeting Place
588 Queen Street West
Trinity-Bellwoods, Toronto

OTHER IDENTIFICATION
Awards:
2001: Toronto Architecture and Urban Design Awards
  • Honourable Mention - Buildings.
  • Alternate names:
    Canadian Bank of Commerce

    Notes:

    This building was donated by the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and now houses a social service agency. The Meeting House opened in its present location in 1995, and is run by St. Christopher House.

    The re-purposing of the building was given a Honourable Mention in the Toronto Architecture and Urban Design Awards in 2001.

    Status:
    Completed

    Year Completed:
    1901

    Map:
    Loading Map

    Companies:
    The following companies are associated with this building

    BUILDING DATA
    Type:
    Low-rise

    Current use:
    Office

    Former use:
    Bank

    Heritage:
    Heritage property

    Heritage Conservation District:
    Queen Street Heritage Conservation District

    Sources:

    Sources

    1. Inventory of Heritage Properties
      Author - City of Toronto
      More information

    2. The Globe and Mail
      Author - Adam Radwanski
      Date - January 26, 2008
      Page - M1
      Notes - Article on gentrification of Queen W mentions this building.

    TOBuilt: SEARCH:    BACK TO LIST  |  FULL RECORD

    © 2021 ACO Toronto tobuilt@acotoronto.ca

    Top